Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hoop Earrings

Hoop Earrings

Hi Girls! Okay, so today, I was actually inspired to do this post because while I was getting ready, I wanted to add a little something extra to my outfit so I got all my hoop earrings out. I have four total, two gold, one silver, and one black. Three of them are medium-to large, and the other gold one is smaller. Hoop earrings are great, and I LOVE them. They can really make your outfit the complete ensemble. But, be warned, there is a size warning I would like to discuss. Have you ever been to an accessory store called Icing? Well, I went there recently with my friends shopping, and they had hoop earrings as big as a necklace. Yikes! That's what you DON'T want. So, before I get ahead of myself, here are some warnings and no-no's when it comes to hoop earrings. 

DON'T~
Don't get big-big hoop earrings. They should never be bigger around than a small orange. Don't get colored hoops. They give a bad vibe to your outfit, if you know what I mean. You can wear colored earrings if your doing a costume though, and it has to be colorful or 80's or anything else like that. Don't get studded hoops unless they are like the diamond ones above. 

Here are some tips for wearing hoop earrings.

TIPS~
Wear your hoops with simpler outfits. Hoops are meant to be the loudest part of your look. For example, today I am wearing jean shorts, black flats, a white peasant shirt with a black undershirt, and a silver and pearl ring with my silver hoops. Keep it simple if your wearing hoop earrings. If your going to be around babies, DO NOT wear hoop earrings. They think they are shiny and sparkly and cool looking, and the next thing you know, your head is sideways and your in pain as the baby is pulling on your hoops. Keep your hair simple. If your going to make a loud statement, as with hoop earrings, you need to balance out your outfit. Your upper part is taken by the hoop earrings. Just do a simple hair style. Braids are good, really any simple hair style.

I hope I helped you with hoop earring knowledge!

Ta-ta!

~Pearl :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice tips! Hoop earrings are adorable, but they're are always things we need to be careful of. Great blog, Pearl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    Thanks! To my surprise, hoops can actually interpret a lot so we have to be careful how we wear them. Thanks for your comment!

    ~Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pearl earrings Sesilia! I actually wear them most of the time. They are so classy and go with pretty much anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Um, this might seem silly, but what are prvins, or what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful hoop earrings collection, I like all of them, thanks for sharing. cheap hoop earrings

    ReplyDelete