Saturday, June 16, 2012

Short Types



Short Types


























Hi everyone! I am sorry about not posting yesterday, it was just to busy. Plus, I found out that I most likely have the VERY beginning of walking pneumonia. As long as I get rest and lots of water, and am smart about not over-exerting myself, I will be good for camp! So, before I talk about summers most beloved bottoms, please pray for my family to STOP being sick! We have been sick for over 9 weeks. We are actually a healthy family too! 

Okay, time for shorts! In the picture above, I showed you the basic shorts, mostly length. BUT, if you want to know all the different types of shorts, then go here

Short Shorts~
These are a big no no. Even if you wear it with panty-hose, your still showing too much legs. Also, they aren't becoming on anyone, no matter what figure. If your average weight, they make you look huge, even though your not! If your on the skinnier side, then make you look like a stick. They are just not a very flattering short. The ONLY time they are okay is too the beach. Not jean ones, but more like board shorts and exercise shorts.

1/2 Thigh Shorts~
Half thigh shorts are one of my personal faves. They are modest, cool, breezy, and can be seriously dressed up or down! Wear it with a ruffled tank top and cardigan to the mall, wear it with a chiffon-styled blouse tucked in with a solid colored belt for somewhere dressier! If your going to wear these shorts, you either want the 1 inch flip flops, wedged flip flops MAYBE, or flats (they look the best with them actually). The only time I have worn anything besides those three types of shoes is when it was raining terribly where I lived. I wore these super cute rain boots that are black and have silver buckles, with 1/2 jean shorts, a white peasant top, and a breezy black cardigan. Plus some 70's styles glasses and a straw hat (its gray, and not beachy). Try not to make the shorts tight, because that can ruin the outfit. You want shorts that either have a teeny-tiny bit of flare at the end (extremely minimal), or straight but where you can move your legs around. 

High Waisted Shorts~
I didn't show that in the picture, but they are very popular right now. I think they are cute, but can get a little immodest. Mainly because they can get way to short. Make sure they are 1/2 thigh length at the shortest, or a little longer.

Bermuda Shorts~
These are great for the summer! You can get these practically anywhere! Jean Bermuda style shorts are very enduring too. They can be dressed up or down.

Khaki Shorts~
Khaki's are great shorts for things like picnics or camp (which is why I got a beige and gray pair from ross). You should have at least one pair because they have various uses. 

Sports Shorts~
These can border too short, so try some 1/2 length sports shorts. Also, knee length ones are great for things like dodgeball or kickball or practically any of other sport that doesn't require certain bottoms. 

Straight Shorts~
These shorts stop at 1/2 your knee, and are straight. These are great for walking around somewhere. They can be dressed up or down.

Well, I hope I helped you with the short-types!

Ta-ta!

~Pearl :)







No comments:

Post a Comment