Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Nautical Look!

Nautical Meets Polka Dots





Hi girls! Today I wanted to talk about the new trend- Nautical! Before I begin, the outfit above isn't really the ideal nautical outfit, because you usually add red, but I just saw these and thought they made the perfect outfit! So, let's begin! One of the reasons why I like the trend is that it can be totally modest. For example, the other night I wore my new red shoes I told you all about, a navy and white striped thin sweater, some jean shorts (the shirt was tucked in), and a gold necklace and some gold hoops. It was completely modest too! Also, nautical outfits are easy to buy. You don't have to have red pants or the perfect navy and white striped tank, you can mix and match. Like above, I didn't include red because I liked the simplicity that the tan color added to it, don't you? Really all you need are some navy shirts, shorts, dresses, etc. and some gold accessories. Then, if you want to add some red, some shoes, accessories, pants, shorts, etc. would go great. 

Here are some tips~

  • Try to add a pearl necklace or bracelet if you already have one or two gold accessories. If you don't have any gold accessories, then you could just wear pearls! It adds nautical to the outfit because pearls are from the sea, and nautical is based off the sea. 
  • Tennis shoes are okay, but nautical is known for being chic and classy. Try to wear flats instead. 
  • Paint your nails! Navy blue nail polish isn't the easiest to find, and it might not be the same color as your shirts, shorts, etc., but maybe try some red! You can just do the simple manicure if your in a rush. If you don't really want red, then a french manicure or just white polish is great too!
  • You always want to add either gold or pearls, because the nautical colors are SO similar to patriotic that you need to make sure to change it up with those accessories. You can get pearl or gold jewelry for great prices are places like Charlotte Russe. 
  • You can do a cute up-do if your going for a fancier look, but if your going out to lunch or shopping, keep it natural. Just blow dry your hair to make it fluffy, and your good! If you want a little more pizazz, then you can curl your hair and do a cute messy bun with a clip. 

I hope I helped you girls with your nautical outfits! I got a lot of my nautical clothes at Cotton-on, Old Navy, Walmart, Dollar General (shoes), and Charlotte Russe. Thanks for reading!


Ta-ta for now!

~Pearl :)


P.S. 
Just 2 more days until camp, can words even describe my excitement!?!?!? Also, the Dr. said that I am not sick anymore! Thank you Jesus!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment